Thurles Regional Water Supply Scheme
Irish Water is working in partnership with Tipperary County Council to deliver the Thurles Regional Water Supply Scheme.
Irish Water have signed a contract for the delivery of the water treatment plant for Thurles. Glan Agua limited will deliver this project on behalf of Irish Water. Works are due to commence in the coming weeks.
What is involved as part of this project?
- New Intake and pumping station on the River Clodiagh at Rathkeenan
- New water mains from the River Clodiagh Pumping Station to a new Water Treatment Plant at Killenyearda, Holycross
- New Water Treatment Plant at Killenyearda, Holycross. The design capacity of the proposed water treatment plant is 8,600m³/day
What are the benefits of this project?
- This project is needed in order to provide clean safe drinking water for businesses and residents in Thurles
- The new water supply and water treatment plant will replace 10 existing water supply sources that are vulnerable to water quality issues
- The project will enable the realisation of benefits of the previous investment in the network and reservoir in Thurles RWSS.
- In Progress
- Winter 2021