Roscommon Town Sewerage Scheme
This €16.3 million investment is needed to address the sewerage network in Roscommon Town which has experienced increased storm water overflows and pollution events in recent years.
The existing sewerage network currently collects and combines both surface water and wastewater which results in high volumes of both surface water and wastewater entering the system and being treated.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Ensure treated effluent and sludge complies with EPA standards
- Increase the sewer network capacity
- Reduce the risk of sewer flooding in the town
- Allow for future population growth and economic development in the town
What is involved in this project?
- Surveying of the existing sewerage network.
- Identifying and rehabilitating existing sewerage network which will include the construction of new higher capacity sewers, new pumping stations and process modifications at the wastewater treatment works site.