Portlaoise Sewer Rehabilitation Works
Irish Water is upgrading the sewer network in Portlaoise as part of a €2 million in investment to the Eastern-Midlands Region
As part of a €2 million investment the Eastern-Midlands Region, Irish Water, working in partnership with Laois County Council, is upgrading the sewer network in Portlaoise. McAllister Group Limited is working on behalf of Irish Water to deliver this project. The works are currently on going, and are scheduled for completion in Q2 2019.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Cleaning the sewer network in order to undertake an accurate inspection and remove any blockages by inappropriate items (e.g. wet wipes, cotton pads, fats, oils and greases etc.). To date, approximately 2.5 km of the sewer network has been cleaned
- Undertaking CCTV surveys of the sewer network to determine their condition and the extent of any defects
- Rehabilitated over 1 km of the existing sewer to date through the installation of plastic liners
- Works are being carried out using non-dig technology to reduce impacts to residents, the general public, businesses, schools and to minimise traffic disruption
What is involved as part of this project?
- Address the structural defects of the sewers
- Reduce the likelihood of sewer collapses and blockages
- Reduce potential sewer flooding and odour issues
- Improve the performance level of the sewer network
- In Progress