Roscommon Main Drainage - Advance Works
Irish Water working in partnership with Roscommon County Council, has announced it will invest €2.9 million to upgrade the sewer network in Roscommon Town.
Underground System and Sewer Repair Limited will carry out the works on behalf of Irish Water. The awarding of the contract represents a further step in the continued delivery of improvements to the wastewater network in Roscommon Town.
Location Roscommon Town, Co. Roscommon
Investment €2.9 million
Status In Progress
Completion Date Winter 2017
What are the benefits of this project?
- Ensure that wastewater is treated and discharged in compliance with the Urban Wastewater Treatment Directive (UWWTD)
- Reduce risk of sewers flooding in Roscommon Town
- Improve and alleviate sewer capacity
- Allow for future population growth and economic development
- A contract has been signed for jetting, cleaning and CCTV survey of the town's sewer network.
- Works commenced in May 2016 on the rehabilitation of some of the sewers.
What is involved in this project?
- A survey to identify and rehabilitate the existing sewerage network in order to reduce the volume of ground water infiltration into the collection system.