Letterkenny Regional Water Supply Scheme
This project will provide clean safe drinking water for businesses and residents in Letterkenny.
Irish Water is working in partnership with Donegal County Council to deliver the Letterkenny Regional Water Supply Scheme. Letterkenny RWSS is on the EPA's Remedial Action List for inadequate treatment, this project will address these issues.
News and Updates
- A stop/go traffic management system will be in place on N56 between the junction of L1192-8 (Lough Salt Rd) and Kilmacrenan.
- Day time works will take place on Letterkenny Four Lane Road until Tuesday with night works taking place from Wednesday until Friday.
- During the works traffic management will be in place on N14 Four Lane. Access to businesses and premises will be maintained at all times.
- Works will take place on R245 Milford (Bunlin Bridge) going towards Cranford. Traffic management manually controlled stop/go traffic boards will be in place between 8:00am and 9:30am.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Improve drinking water quality
- Reduce disruptions to supply
- Improve security of supply
- Improve water pressure
What is involved as part of this project?
- Letterkenny and Creeslough WTPs - includes new raw water main, trunk mains and local treated water mains
- Kilmacrenan to Letterkenny Water Main Rehabilitation
- Kilmacrenan to Coolboy (7km of pipeline) – constructed within the TII Road Realignment Scheme
- Cranford to Milford link
- Millford link to Rathmullan link
- Illies WTP link to Letterkenny (Carnamuggagh)
- Construction of three new pumping stations at Bohullion, Dunduffsfort and Milltown
- Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
- In Progress
- €44 million