Letterkenny Regional Water Supply Scheme
This project will provide clean safe drinking water for businesses and residents in Letterkenny
Irish Water is working in partnership with Donegal County Council to deliver the Letterkenny Regional Water Supply Scheme. Letterkenny RWSS is on the EPA's Remedial Action List for inadequate treatment, this project will address these issues.
News and Updates
Dry Arch Roundabout – Ramelton Road – Four Lane Road
- Traffic management will be in place each evening this week (week commencing 02 December 2019) from 7.00pm until 12.00am. There will be short sections of the road reduced to single lane traffic during these times across the week.
Letterkenny to Veagh
- Traffic management will be in place on N13 Dual Carriageway between N13/N14 Manor Roundabout and Dry Arch Roundabout with two lanes open until 10.00am each day and then reduced to one lane after 10.00am
Carnamuggah access road to reservoir
- There will be one lane in operation along the access road to the reservoir from 3 December 2019.
- Traffic management will be in place on the N13 with two-way traffic maintained. Reinstatement works will take place overnight and a stop-go system will be in place.
Christmas programme of works
- There are no works planned in the town in the lead up to Christmas.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Improve drinking water quality
- Reduce disruptions to supply
- Improve security of supply
- Improve water pressure
What is involved as part of this project?
- Letterkenny and Creeslough WTPs - includes new raw water main, trunk mains and local treated water mains
- Kilmacrenan to Letterkenny Water Main Rehabilitation
- Kilmacrenan to Coolboy (7km of pipeline) – constructed within the TII Road Realignment Scheme
- Cranford to Milford link
- Millford link to Rathmullan link
- Illies WTP link to Letterkenny (Carnamuggagh)
- Construction of three new pumping stations at Bohullion, Dunduffsfort and Milltown
- Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
- In Progress
- €44 million