Letterkenny Regional Water Supply Scheme
This project will provide clean safe drinking water for businesses and residents in Letterkenny.
Irish Water is working in partnership with Donegal County Council to deliver the Letterkenny Regional Water Supply Scheme. Letterkenny RWSS is on the EPA's Remedial Action List for inadequate treatment, this project will address these issues.
News and Updates
A stop/go traffic management system will be in place on North (Kilmacrenan) side of N56 Mountain Top Roundabout.
Kilconnell Glebe Letterfad
A road closure will be in place on the L1192/8 Kilconnell Glebe and L11928/0 Kilconnell Glebe Letterfad. Local access will be maintained. There will also be occasional stop/go traffic system in place on N56, North of Kilmacrenan at junction of L1192-8 and N56.
Letterkenny N56 (Four Lane Road)
There will be traffic management during daytime working hours on the N14 four lane. Access to businesses & premises will be maintained.
R245 Milford (Bunlin Bridge) going towards Cranford
Works will commence on Monday 20th May 2019. A stop/go traffic management system will be in place between 8am and 9:30am.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Improve drinking water quality
- Reduce disruptions to supply
- Improve security of supply
- Improve water pressure
What is involved as part of this project?
- Letterkenny and Creeslough WTPs - includes new raw water main, trunk mains and local treated water mains
- Kilmacrenan to Letterkenny Water Main Rehabilitation
- Kilmacrenan to Coolboy (7km of pipeline) – constructed within the TII Road Realignment Scheme
- Cranford to Milford link
- Millford link to Rathmullan link
- Illies WTP link to Letterkenny (Carnamuggagh)
- Construction of three new pumping stations at Bohullion, Dunduffsfort and Milltown
- Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
- In Progress
- €44 million