Letterkenny Regional Water Supply Scheme
This project will provide clean safe drinking water for businesses and residents in Letterkenny.
Irish Water is working in partnership with Donegal County Council to deliver the Letterkenny Regional Water Supply Scheme. Letterkenny RWSS is on the EPA's Remedial Action List for inadequate treatment, this project will address these issues.
News and Updates
- Pipe-laying continuing along R250 Road.
- Road and footpath reinstatement works are completed on Oldtown Road.
- All work to cease on R250 from 16 November and will recommence from 13 January, if required.
- Traffic management is ongoing. This involves controlled traffic lights on Oldtown Road/ Lower Main Street/ Convent Road and R250 during peak hours.
- An Garda Siochána will be controlling traffic at Oldtown Road Roundabout during evening peak hours on 14 and 15 November.
- Irish Water, An Garda Siochána and Donegal County Council are continuing to collaborate to ease traffic movement around the town.
- Works are scheduled to continue at Carnamuggah on week commencing 11 November.
Details of upcoming water main works:
Letterkenny to Veagh
- Traffic management will be in place on N13 Dual Carriageway between N13/N14 Manor Roundabout and Dry Arch Roundabout with two lanes open until 10.00am each day and then reduced to one lane after 10.00am.
- Road closure L-5422 -1 will be in place.
- Traffic lights will be in place on R247 in Rathmullan.
- Traffic management will be in place on the Galdonagh to Dunduffsfort road (L-1214-3).
- Road closure will be in place on L-5084-1.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Improve drinking water quality
- Reduce disruptions to supply
- Improve security of supply
- Improve water pressure
What is involved as part of this project?
- Letterkenny and Creeslough WTPs - includes new raw water main, trunk mains and local treated water mains
- Kilmacrenan to Letterkenny Water Main Rehabilitation
- Kilmacrenan to Coolboy (7km of pipeline) – constructed within the TII Road Realignment Scheme
- Cranford to Milford link
- Millford link to Rathmullan link
- Illies WTP link to Letterkenny (Carnamuggagh)
- Construction of three new pumping stations at Bohullion, Dunduffsfort and Milltown
- Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
- In Progress
- €44 million