Letterkenny Regional Water Supply Scheme
This project will provide clean safe drinking water for businesses and residents in Letterkenny.
Irish Water is working in partnership with Donegal County Council to deliver the Letterkenny Regional Water Supply Scheme. Letterkenny RWSS is on the EPA's Remedial Action List for inadequate treatment, this project will address these issues.
News and Updates
- The contractor will be working on Lurgy and Leanne Bridge crossings. During the works a stop/go traffic system will be in place throughout the week in Kilmacrenan Village on the N56.
Letterkenny to Veagh
- Traffic management will be in place on N13 from Veagh to N13/N14 roundabout with two way traffic maintained at all times. Contractor will be working next week reinstating tar on the hard shoulder, and will also be working nights from 7pm – 7am going through the islands section at Manorcunningham. At night there will be stop/go in operation, this as per DCC roads engineers request to complete this work at night.
Letterkenny Four Lane including Dry Arch & Polestar Roundabouts
- The contractor does not envisage any TM requirements on this section for further digging up of roads, there will be testing completion, which hopefully will result in no more required excavations. If there are any works in the event of test failures requiring excavations, they will be conducted between the hours of 7pm and 7am.
Polestar to Kiltoy
- Testing works are on-going. The Project Team does not envisage any traffic management requirements on this section but if required any digging works will be done at night works between 7pm and 7am.
- Traffic management will be required on Coopers Lane , Milford Town on Tuesday 3 September only.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Improve drinking water quality
- Reduce disruptions to supply
- Improve security of supply
- Improve water pressure
What is involved as part of this project?
- Letterkenny and Creeslough WTPs - includes new raw water main, trunk mains and local treated water mains
- Kilmacrenan to Letterkenny Water Main Rehabilitation
- Kilmacrenan to Coolboy (7km of pipeline) – constructed within the TII Road Realignment Scheme
- Cranford to Milford link
- Millford link to Rathmullan link
- Illies WTP link to Letterkenny (Carnamuggagh)
- Construction of three new pumping stations at Bohullion, Dunduffsfort and Milltown
- Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
- In Progress
- €44 million