Dripsey Wastewater Treatment Plant
Irish Water, working in partnership with Cork County Council, is constructing a new wastewater treatment plant in Dripsey, Co. Cork. EPS Group Limited has been commissioned to deliver this project on our behalf. This project is part of a €27 million investment in the Cork Mid-West area and will include the construction of a new wastewater treatment plant and associated infrastructure in this area. This will improve the wastewater treatment quality and capacity and ensure compliance with wastewater discharge regulations.
What are the next steps?
The works are scheduled to commence in the coming months once a programme of works has been agreed with the contractor on the project timeframe. We will endeavour to keep you updated as the project progresses.
What are the benefits of this project?
The construction of the new wastewater treatment plants in these areas will:
- End the discharge of poorly treated effluent.
- Improve water quality in the receiving waters.
- Enhance local amenities and a platform for social and economic development.
- All new infrastructure is sized to accommodate future population growth of the villages and the surrounding Cork Mid-West areas.
- Ensure compliance with the Urban Wastewater Treatment Directive and EPA Wastewater Discharge Licencing.
What is involved as part of this project?
This project will include:
- A new wastewater treatment plant and upgrades to the sewer networks to serve Dripsey and the surrounding local area, serving a population equivalent of approximately 600 people.
- Decommission and demolition of the existing wastewater treatment plant.
- Dripsey, Co. Cork