Blanchardstown Sewer Rehabilitation Works
Irish Water has invested €5 million in Blanchardstown to upgrade over 27 km of the sewer network.
Irish Water, working in partnership with Fingal County Council, has invested €5 million to upgrade the sewer network in Blanchardstown. Mc Breen Environmental Limited worked on behalf of Irish Water to deliver this project. The works are currently on going, and are scheduled for completion in late 2019.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Address the structural defects of the sewers
- Reduce the likelihood of sewer collapses and blockages
- Reduce potential sewer flooding and odour issues
- Improve the performance level of the sewer network
What is involved as part of this project?
- Cleaning the sewer network in order to undertake an accurate inspection and remove any blockages by inappropriate items
- Undertaking CCTV surveys of the sewer network to determine their condition and the extent of any defects
- Rehabilitating the existing sewer with over 13km upgraded to date, through the installation of plastic liners and associated repairs where defects were identified
- Works were carried out using non-dig technology to reduce impacts to residents, the general public, businesses, schools and to minimise traffic disruption
- In Progress