Bandon Water Main & Sewer Network Upgrade Project
Irish Water is investing €14 million in the Bandon Water Main & Sewer Network Upgrade Project.
We are progressing a water main and sewer network upgrade in Bandon. This project will replace 10kms aging water mains with a high frequency of burst and high rate of leakage. The project will improve water quality and security of supply for the people of Bandon and will increase the capacity in the sewer network by upgrading over 5kms of sewer network and reducing sewage.
Details of upcoming works
|Location||Proposed Dates||Duration||Planned Works||Traffic Management|
|Watergate||15 April 2019||3 days||Trial Holing||Road Closure|
|Started 11 March 2019||6 weeks||Pipeline Construction||Road Closure|
||15 April 2019||2 weeks||Pipeline Construction||Stop and Go|
||29 April 2019||8 Weeks||Pipeline Construction||Stop and Go|
|Ardan Na N-Oglach
||29 April 2019||5 Weeks||Pipeline Construction||Stop and Go|
|Rice’s Road||29 April 2019||7 Weeks||Pipeline Construction||Road Closure|
VMS boards on Clonakilty Road, Macroom Road, N71 and Dunmanway Road have been erected to advise HGVs to use Bypass Road. They also advise that works are ahead, and that Bandon is Open for Business.
Ahead of road closures advanced warnings will be given through signage and advertisement on AA Road Watch and local Radio Stations. These works will be carried out in phases in order to reduce impact to businesses and residents. Local access will be maintained at all times.
At all times Ward and Burke are in communication with the Local Area County Council Office for the co-ordination and planning of all road works.
As part of this project Ward and Burke Construction Ltd have a full time Community Liaison Officer who will continue to communicate with all stakeholders on the project and will be available to address and queries or concerns in relation to the works.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Will improve the water and sewer network in Bandon
- Will reduce leakage in Bandon
- Provision for future growth within the Bandon area
What is involved as part of this project?
- Replacement of 10kms aging water mains with a high frequency of burst and high rate of leakage
- Upgrading over 5kms of sewer network
- Replacement of all lead and copper communications pipes crossed or otherwise encountered during the construction works and replacement with polyethylene pipe
- Provision of a combined sewer underneath the bed of the St. Patrick’s Place Culvert on the Bridewell River from New Road along St. Patrick’s Place to Market Quay
- Removal of combined sewer overflows
- Bandon, Co. Cork
- In Progress
- €14 million