Bandon Water Main & Sewer Network Upgrade Project
Irish Water is investing €14 million in the Bandon Water Main & Sewer Network Upgrade Project.
We are progressing a water main and sewer network upgrade in Bandon. This project will replace 10kms aging water mains with a high frequency of burst and high rate of leakage. This will improve water quality and security of supply for the people of Bandon. The project will also increase the capacity in the sewer network by upgrading over 5kms of sewer network and reducing sewage. We will hold a Drop-in Information Evening for members of the public on Wednesday 26 September. During this information evening members of the project team will be available to answer any questions in relation to the project.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Will improve the water and sewer network in Bandon
- Will reduce leakage in Bandon
- Provision for future growth within the Bandon area
What is involved as part of this project?
- Replacement of 10kms aging water mains with a high frequency of burst and high rate of leakage
- Upgrading over 5kms of sewer network
- Replacement of all lead and copper communications pipes crossed or otherwise encountered during the construction works and replacement with polyethylene pipe
- Provision of a combined sewer underneath the bed of the St. Patrick’s Place Culvert on the Bridewell River from New Road along St. Patrick’s Place to Market Quay
- Removal of 10. combined sewer overflows
News and Updates
- In order to facilitate the works and to ensure safe delivery of the work, traffic management will be in place for the duration of the works
- The traffic management will include shuttle systems and road closures
- Ahead of road closures advanced warnings will be given though signage and advertisement on AA Road Watch
- These works will be carried out in phases in order to reduce impact to businesses and residents. Local access will be maintained at all times
- Bandon, Co. Cork
- In Progress
- €14 million