Arklow/Ballyduff Water Treatment Plant Upgrade
This €5 million investment is needed to build a new water treatment plant at Ballyduff to serve Arklow Town as the existing plant is at capacity with a surface water source that has an unstable level of quality.
The new water treatment plant will serve 13,000 customers and will have a combination of both ground and surface water sources which will improve the quality of water and secure the water supply further. This will allow for growth in population, tourism and future economic development.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Secure the future water supply for the town
- Improve drinking water quality
- Allow for growth in population in the area
- Enable tourism and allow for seasonal visitor numbers
What is involved in this project?
- Constructing a new Water Treatment Plant.
- Constructing/drilling 15 new pumping ground wells.
- Laying approximately 40km of new water mains.