Arklow/Ballyduff Water Treatment Plant Upgrade
This €5 million investment is needed to build a new water treatment plant at Ballyduff to serve Arklow Town as the existing plant is at capacity with a surface water source that has an unstable level of quality.
The new water treatment plant serves 13,000 customers from a combination of both ground and surface water sources which has improved the water quality in the area and further secured the water supply. This important project has allowed for growth in population, tourism and future economic development.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Secured the future water supply for the town
- Improved drinking water quality
- Allowed for growth in population in the area
- Enabled increased tourism and allowed for greater seasonal visitor numbers
What is involved in this project?
- Construction of a new Water Treatment Plant
- Construction and drilling of 15 new pumping ground wells
- Laying of approximately 40km of new water mains
- Ballyduff, Co. Wicklow
- €5 million