Bunnymayne Bridgend Water Mains Replacement
Irish Water, in partnership with Donegal County Council, is replacing old problematic water mains in Bunnymayne, Bridgend, Co. Donegal to provide a more reliable water supply and reduce high levels of leakage.
Irish Water is investing over €500 million between 2017-2021 to reduce leakage and replace old pipes on the public water network.
- A Reliable Water Supply - Replacement of water mains and service connections will reduce the instances of bursts and water outages and will ensure a reliable supply of water to customers and local businesses in the area.
- Reduced Leaks - Replacement of water mains and service connections will eliminate existing leaks and reduce the amount of clean drinking water lost into the ground.
- Improved Operation and Maintenance - These works will deliver cost savings by providing improved water network operation that will require less maintenance in the future.
- The works involve the replacement of approximately 353 metres of problematic water mains with high density polythylene (plastic) pipes.
- The programme to replace the water mains in Bunnymayne will commence on Monday 9 th November 2020.
- The section of rehabilitation works will take place along the Bunnymayne Road (L2031).
- The works will also involve laying new water service connections from the public water main in the road to customers' property boundaries and connecting it to the customer's water supply. Where the existing service connections on the public sude are lead these will be replaced as part of this improvement work.
- The works will be carried out on behalf of Irish Water by Farrans Construction Ltd. and are expected to be completed by December 2020.
Works Completed and Next Steps
To facilitate the safe delivery of the works, there will be some traffice management in place during delivery. Local and emergency access will be maintained at all times.
The works may involve some short-term water shut offs and the project team will ensure that customers are given a minimum of 48 hours notice prior to any planned water shut offs.
We understand that this type of work can be inconvenient and works crews will make every effort to minimise any disruption these necessary works cause.