Ballymakeegan Water Mains Replacement
- The works involve the decommissioning of 1400 metres and replacement of approximately 1500 metres of problematic water mains with high density polyethylene (plastic) pipes.
- The programme to replace the water mains in Ballymakeegan will commence on 16th November 2020.
- The section of rehabilitation works will take place along local road R393 to Farnagh Hill.
- The works will also involve laying new water service connections from the public water main in the road to customers' property boundaries and connecting it to the customers' water supply. Where the existing service connections on the public side are lead these will be replaced as part of this improvement work.
- The works will be carried out on behalf of Irish Water by GMC Utilities and are expected to be completed by December 2020.
Will customers be affected by the works?
To facilitate the safe delivery of the works, there will be a road closure in place along the R393 to Farnagh Hill from Thursday 16th November until Friday 4th December 2020 during delivery. The community have been notified. Alternative routes will be available and diversions will be clearly sign-posted Local and emergency access will be maintained at all times.
The works may involve some short-term water shut offs and the project team will ensure that customers are given a minimum of 48 hours notice prior to any planned water shut offs.
We understand that this type of work can be inconvenient and works crews will make every effort to minimise any disruption these necessary works cause.