Will Irish Water have staff around the country?
Yes, as water services are located countrywide, operational staff will be located regionally. This will ensure a smooth transition to the new system and guard against the loss of local expertise. Irish Water will rely on arrangements with Local Authorities to ensure uninterrupted service for customers.
Additionally Irish Water staff will be located throughout the country managing regional contractors working on behalf of Irish Water on the installation of water meters.
Irish Water will be locating eight regional offices across the country. The offices will be based in the following areas:
• Dublin City (Eastern/Midlands region)
• Mullingar (Eastern/Midlands region)
• Castlebar (Connaught/Ulster region)
• Cavan Town (Connaught/Ulster region)
• Donegal Town (Connaught/Ulster region)
• Kilkenny City (Southern region)
• Limerick City (Southern region)
• Mallow (Southern region)
We are currently liaising with Local Authorities and the Department of Environment, Community and Local Government to finalise suitable office space and clarify infrastructure requirements.