Donegal Group B Sewerage Scheme
Irish Water invested €18.4 million in this project forming part of a €70 million investment in the wastewater infrastructure in Donegal.
The Donegal Group B project included the development of new sewerage schemes in Killybegs, Bundoran, Glencolumbkille and Convoy. This project ensured compliance with EU Directives and provided increased wastewater treatment capacity in these areas supporting growth and economic development.
- Increased the water and wastewater capacity to facilitate the growth and economic development of the towns and surrounding areas
- Ensured compliance with current EU Directives relating to wastewater treatment of discharges from urban areas
- Construction of a new Wastewater Treatment Plant (WwTP) and the construction of a new wastewater collection network in Killybegs
- The construction of a new Wastewater Treatment Plant in Bundoran and refurbishment of the existing pumping station
- The Glencolumbkille Sewerage Scheme involved the construction of a Wastewater Treatment Plant and a new wastewater collection network
- Construction of a new/extended Wastewater Treatment Plant (WwTP) in Convoy