Mucklagh Water Main Replacement
National Leakage Reduction Programme
Irish Water replacing ageing water mains in Mucklagh, Tullamore, Co. Offaly to improve security of supply for local customers and to reduce leakage.
Irish Water, working in partnership with Offaly County Council, have begun works to replace problematic ageing water mains in Mucklagh, Tullamore, Co. Offaly. The works commenced on 28 May 2018. These water mains renewal works are being carried out as part of Irish Water’s national Leakage Reduction Programme.
A Reliable Water Supply
- Replacement of water mains and service connections will reduce the instances of bursts and water outages and will ensure a reliable supply of water to customers and local businesses in the area
- Replacement of water mains and service connections will eliminate existing leaks and reduce the amount of clean drinking water lost into the ground
Improved Operation and Maintenance
- These works will deliver cost savings by providing improved water network operation that will require less maintenance in the future
- The works in Mucklagh will involve the decommissioning and replacement of approximately 6.1 kilometres of problematic water mains
- The existing pipes will be replaced with new modern high density polyethylene plastic pipes
- The works commencing next week are expected to be completed by the end of August