Kilgarvan Water Supply Scheme
Water Supply Project
Over 750 customers in Kilgarvan are enjoying improved water supply following completion of €500,000 of upgrades to the water treatment plant.
Irish Water has completed upgrade works on the Kilgarvan water treatment plant. This investment has improved the quality of the water supply for 785 customers, and removed the supply from the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Remedial Action List (RAL).
- Removal from EPA's Remedial Action List (RAL)
- Reliable supply of high quality drinking water
- Ensure compliance with the European Union Drinking Water Directive and National Drinking Water Regulations
- Installation of in-tank aeration to improve the removal of disinfection by-products called Trihalomethanes (THMs)
- The design and installation of the mechanical plant