Kilcolman East/Ballywilliam Water Mains Replacement
Leakage Reduction Programme
Irish Water, in partnership with Limerick City and County Council, is replacing problematic water mains in the Kilcolman East/Ballywilliam area, Limerick, to improve security of supply, reduce high levels of leakage and improve water quality.
Irish Water is investing over €500 millions between 2017-2021 to reduce leakage and replace old pipes on the public water network.
- A Reliable Water Supply - Replacement of water mains and service connections will reduce the instances of bursts and water outages and will ensure a reliable supply of water to costumers and local businesses in the area.
- Reduced Leaks - Replacement of water mains and service connections will eliminate existing leaks and reduce the amount of clean drinking water lost into the ground.
- Improved Operation and Maintenance - These works will deliver cost savings by providing improved water network operation that will require less maintenance in the future.
- The works involve the replaceent of almost 5,400 metres of problematic water mains with polyethylene (plastic) pipes.
- The programme to replace the water mains will commence on 19 November 2020.
- Works are being undertaken from the junction of the R518 and L1213, due south towards the Ahalin/Knockaderry road for 5,400m.
- The works will also involve laying new water service connections from the public water mains in the road to customers's property boundaries and connecting it tot he customers's water supply. Where the existing service connections on the public side are lead these will be replaced as part of this improvement work.
- In order to facilitate the efficient and safe constructions of water main, a road closure will be in place from Thursday 19 November on the route of the works.
- The works will be carried out on behalf of Irish Water by Shareridge Ltd and are expected to be completed early 2021.
Will customer be affected by the works?
The works may involve some short-term water shut offs and the project team will ensure that customers are given a minimum of 48 hours notice prior to any planned water shut offs.
We understand that this type of work can be inconvenient and works crews will make every effort to minimise any disruption these necessary works cause.
For further information you can contact the Project Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.