Galway County Water Conservation Works Stage 3 - Phase 2
This €7 million project has rehabilitated and replaced approx.19km of water mains and service connections across Co. Galway.
This project benefits approx. 16,000 customers in the towns of Carraroe, Spiddal, Loughrea and also the island of Inis Mór in Co. Galway. The project has ensured a reinforced network, resulting in an improvement in the water supply for these areas by reducing service disruptions and improving the water quality and pressure.
- Improved water pressure
- Reduced water leakage and supply disruptions
- Improved maintanence and repair access
- Allows for individual connection ownership for property owners
- Rehabilitating and replacing approximately 19km of water mains
- Replacing shared service connections in backyards with individual connections to the new mains