Eslin Water Main Replacement
National Leakage Reduction Programme
Irish Water, in partnership with Leitrim County Council, is replacing ageing water mains in Eslin, Co. Leitrim to improve security of supply and reduce high levels of leakage.
The programme to replace problematic water mains in Eslin is scheduled to commence in February 2019. These works are being carried out as part of Irish Water’s national Leakage Reduction Programme. The section of works will take place along the Stuck to Eslin Road. The works will be carried out on behalf of Irish Water by Farrans Construction Ltd and are expected to be completed by early April 2019.
A reliable water supply
- Replacing the ageing water mains and service connections and will reduce the instances of bursts and water outages on Patricks Street and Chapel Avenue and will ensure a reliable supply of water to customers and local businesses in the area
- Replacing the old water mains and service connections will eliminate existing leaks and reduce the amount of clean drinking water lost into the ground
Improved operation and maintenance
- These works will deliver cost savings by providing improved water network operation that will require less maintenance in the future
- The works involve the replacement of approximately 1.9km of problematic water mains with high density polyethylene (plastic) pipes
- The works will also involve laying new water service connections from the public water main in the road to customers’ property boundaries and connecting it to the customers’ water supply
- Where the existing service connections on the public side are lead these will be replaced as part of this improvement work