Carrickmacross Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade
Uisce Éireann is progressing plans to upgrade the Wastewater Treatment Plant in Carrickmacross, Co Monaghan.
Uisce Éireann, working in partnership with Monaghan County Council, is progressing the Carrickmacross Wastewater Plant Upgrade. This project represents an investment of €9.7 million by Uisce Éireann.
The project involves construction of a new final effluent pumping station and a new 3.3km final effluent pipeline to the Longfield River. When completed, the project will ensure effective management of wastewater to protect environmental quality and will support social and economic growth in the area.
Uisce Éireann has appointed EPS to deliver these works, with works due to commence in September 2022. The project is expected to be concluded in 2024.
What are the benefits of this project?
Upon completion the project will:
- Provide for continued compliance with the UWWTD treatment standards
- Provide compliance with wastewater discharge licence standards
- This includes the relocation of primary discharge to the Longfield River
- Overcome/design out a number of significant issues adversely affecting the operation and maintenance of the plant
What is involved as part of this project?
This project will include the following works:
- Construction of the outfall pipeline discharging to the Longfield River
- Construction of the new Oriel Road entrance to the WWTP
- Upgrades to the Waste Water Treatment plant