Ballinlough Water Main Replacement
National Leakage Reduction Programme
Irish Water replacing ageing water mains in Ballinlough, Co. Roscommon to improve security of supply for local customers and reduce leakage.
Irish Water working in partnership with Roscommon County Council will soon commence works on the replacement of ageing problematic water mains in Ballinlough, Co. Roscommon. The works are planned to commence on Monday 25 June 2018. This project is part of Irish Water’s National Leakage Reduction Programme.
A Reliable Water Supply
- Replacement of water mains and service connections will reduce the instances of bursts and water outages and will ensure a reliable supply of water to customers and local businesses in the area
- Replacement of water mains and service connections will eliminate existing leaks and reduce the amount of clean drinking water lost into the ground
Improved Operation and Maintenance
- These works will deliver cost savings by providing improved water network operation that will require less maintenance in the future
- The works will involve the replacement of approximately 1.55 kilometres of ageing water mains
- The existing pipes will be replaced with new modern high density polyethylene plastic pipes
- The works will also involve laying new water service connections from the public water main in the road to customers’ property boundaries and connecting it to the water supply
- Trenchless technology is proposed as the pipeline replacement method to reduce the potential impact and traffic disruption due to these construction works
- We expect these works to take approximately 8 weeks to complete