Castlebellingham Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade
Upgrading the wastewater treatment plants in Castlebellingham, Co. Louth as part of €250,000 investment to the county
Irish Water working in partnership with Louth County Council, is investing €250,000 to undertake essential upgrade works to wastewater treatment plant in Castlebellingham, Co. Louth. These improvement works include upgrades to the inlet works, storm water management and sludge treatment and storage at the facility.
What are the next steps?
Subject to statutory approvals, it is envisaged that works will be completed at the site by 2021.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Upgrade existing infrastructure at the plant and provide new elements where defects identified
- Improve the performance of the wastewater treatment process
- Prolong the operational life of the existing plant
- Reduce the risk of storm water flooding
- Ensure compliance with Urban Wastewater Treatment Regulations 2001
What is involved as part of this project?
- Install a new automatic ‘combined’ inlet screen
- Construct a new 150m3 underground storm water storage tank
- Works will be carried out within the footprint of the plant therefore minimising disruption to residents and businesses in the surrounding area
- Castlebellingham, Co. Louth
- In Progress