South Tipperary - Water Mains Rehabilitation
This €7 million investment will improve drinking water quality, supply and pressure for customers served by the Fethard Regional Water Supply Scheme. This project will involve the replacement of defective and ageing water mains in the existing scheme. It will focuse on rehabilitating water mains in priority areas including Fethard Town, Ballingarry and Coalbrook. This project follows earlier works that were carried out to identify and repair leaks and to allow for better control of water pressure within the scheme.
Location South Tipperary, Co. Tipperary
Investment €7 million
Completion Date Spring 2017
What are the benefits of this project?
- Reduce water leakage
- Improve service levels
- Reduce supply disruptions
- Reduce pressure fluctuations
- Reduce maintenance costs
- Improve drinking water quality
- All construction works have now been fully completed in the Fethard Town and Ballingarry/Coalbrook areas
- Water main replacement in the Cloneen area has recently commenced
What is involved in this project?
- Rehabilitating water mains, along with associated fittings and service connections, on prioritised sections of the network including Fethard Town, Ballingarry and Coalbrook in Co. Tipperary.