O'Connell Street Water Main and Sewer Rehab Works
This €1.25 million investment will involve water main and sewer rehabilitation works on O’Connell Street in Sligo city.
This project will improve water supply and water quality in the O’Connell Street area and improve the condition of the existing combined sewer that runs north to south along O’Connell Street.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Improved Security of Supply
- Improved Water Quality
- Reduced Waste
- Improved Maintenance and Operation
What is involved in this project?
- Replacing approximately 510 metres of old water mains that are prone to leakage, regular bursts and interruptions to supply on O’Connell Street
- Replacing 62 existing consumer connections on the water main network
- Decommissioning of existing water mains when all consumer services have been transferred to the new water mains
- Rehabilitation of approximately 210 metres of combined sewer
- O'Connell Street, Sligo
- In Progress
- Autumn 2017
- €1.25 million