Sligo & Environs Water Supply Scheme – Foxes Den/Cairns Hill Water Treatment Plant Upgrade
This €3 million investment will upgrade and refurbish the existing Foxes Den Water treatment Plant and decommission the Cairns Hill Water Treatment Plant.
The project will ensure improvements in drinking water quality for over 11,000 customers in County Sligo and see associated water supply schemes removed from the EPA Remedial Action List.
Location Foxes Den, Cairns Hill, Co. Sligo
Investment €3 million
Status In Progress
Completion Date Autumn 2017
What are the benefits of this project?
- Improve drinking water quality
- Increase capacity to allow for future population and economic growth
- Secure a sustainable drinking water supply
- A contract has been signed for the upgrade of Foxes Den Water treatment Plant. Construction works are underway and design work is on-going. Once the upgrade works at Foxes Den Water Treatment Plant are complete, the Cairns Hill Water Treatment Plant will be de-commissioned.
What is involved in this project?
- Upgrading and refurbishing of the existing Foxes Den Water Treatment Plant,
- Decommissioning of the existing Cairns Hill Water Treatment Plant,
- Upgrade of the existing pumps and control systems;
- Implementing associated site and ancillary works.