Shannon Sewerage Scheme and Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade
This €3.1 million project is needed to upgrade the Tradaree Wastewater Treatment Plant.
The existing Tradaree Wastewater Treatment Plant was constructed in the 1970’s and serves both domestic and industrial customers in the Shannon area. Due to a number of factors, the plant is now in need of upgrading to meet the wastewater needs of Shannon Town and surrounding areas.
The wastewater currently being received by the existing aging plant is often in a septic state, which is difficult to treat effectively. This project is needed to upgrade and improve the operation of the wastewater treatment plant to serve the surrounding Shannon area.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Improve operation of the existing plant
- Reduce odour levels
- Allow for analysis of load capacity
- Allow for sampling to inform future design
- Enable population and commercial growth in Shannon area
What is involved in this project?
- Upgrading the existing wastewater treatment plant.
- Constructing new inlet works.
- Repairs to rising mains.
- Upgrading associated pumping stations.
- Conducting studies & analysis on the current flow and load of the plant to allow for future design and planning of wastewater requirements.
- Shannon, Co. Clare
- €3.1 million