Shannon Sewerage Scheme and Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade
This €3.1 million project was needed to help meet the wastewater services needs for business and residential customers in Shannon Town and the surrounding area now and into the future.
The original Tradaree Wastewater Treatment Plant was constructed in the 1970’s and served both residential and industrial customers in the Shannon area. The wastewater being received by the aging plant was often in a septic state and was difficult to treat effectively. This project was needed to upgrade and improve the operation of the wastewater treatment plant to meet the wastewater needs of Shannon Town and surrounding areas.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Improved operation of the existing plant
- Reduced odour levels
- Allows for analysis of load capacity
- Allows for sampling to inform future design
- Enables population and commercial growth in Shannon area
What was involved in this project?
- Upgrading the existing wastewater treatment plant.
- Constructing new inlet works.
- Repairs to rising mains.
- Upgrading associated pumping stations.
- Conducting studies & analysis on the current flow and load of the plant to allow for future design and planning of wastewater requirements.
- Shannon, Co. Clare
- €3.1 million