Killorglin Trunk Mains Rehabilitation
This €1.8 million project is needed to improve the reliability of the water supply on the Mid-Kerry Water Supply Scheme. The project is targeting an aging & defective section of the existing trunk main that runs from Gearha Cross to Gearha Bridge and from Killgobnet School to the River Laune. This section of the trunk main is over 40 years old and subject to frequent bursts.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Improve service levels
- Secure water supply
- Reduce maintenance costs
- Reduce risk of damage to property and public roads caused by bursts & leaks
- Reduce traffic hazards caused by bursts
What is involved in this project?
- Replacing over 4km of water mains.
- Reinstating road surfaces and grouting decommissioned water mains where necessary.
- Installing ancillary works including new valves, fittings etc.
- Killorglin, Co. Kerry
- Winter 2017
- €1.8 million