Kilkenny Grouped Villages Sewerage Scheme
The main objective of this €3.3 million project is to provide three new wastewater treatment plants which will allow for the sustainable development and growth of the villages of Freshford, Johnstown and Goresbridge in Co. Kilkenny in an environmentally sensitive manner. The three new wastewater treatment plants will treat effluent to EPA standards which will improve water quality in the watercourses that receive the treated effluent.
What are the benefits of this project?
- New and modern wastewater treatment plants for the villages of Freshford, Johnstown and Goresbridge
- Treated effluent from plants complying with EPA standards
- Allow for growth in local population and economic development
What is involved in this project?
- Constructing a new plant and pumping station in Freshford to serve 1,100 Population Equivalent (PE) with the existing plant being decommissioned and demolished once complete.
- Constructing a new wastewater treatment plant for Johnstown on the existing plant site to serve 800 Population Equivalent (PE).
- Constructing a new wastewater treatment plant for Goresbridge on the existing plant site to serve 600 Population Equivalent (PE).
What are the next steps?
The three plants will go through careful and thorough testing over the coming months to ensure they all operate to their full design specifications.
- Freshford, Johnstown and Goresbridge, Co. Kilkenny
- €3.3 million