Kells/Oldcastle Water Treatment Plant Upgrade
This €1.9 million project is needed to upgrade and expand the existing water treatment plant to improve water quality for the Kells/Oldcastle Water Supply Scheme.
The existing treatment plant was built over 30 years ago and needs this investment to upgrade the treatment processes and increase the capacity of the plant. When complete, over 15,000 homes and businesses in Kells, Oldcastle, Crossakiel, Kilskyre, Dromone, Carlanstown and surrounding areas will benefit from improved drinking water quality and security of supply that will meet current and future demands.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Improved water quality
- Improved security of water supply
- Meet EPA standards and regulations
What is involved in this project?
- Upgrading existing water treatment plant
- Upgrading and implementing treatment processes at the plant
- Kells and Oldcastle, Co. Meath
- €1.9 million