Galway County Water Conservation Works Stage 3 - Phase 2
This €7million project is needed to rehabilitate and replace approx.19km of water mains and service connections across Co. Galway.
This project will benefit approx 16,000 customers in the towns of Carraroe, Spiddal, Loughrea and also the island of Inis Mór in Co. Galway. The project will ensure a reinforced network, resulting in an improvement in the water supply for these areas by reducing service disruptions and improving the water quality and pressure.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Improve water pressure
- Reduce water leakage and supply disruptions
- Improve maintanence and repair access
- Allow for individual connection ownership for property owners
What is involved in this project?
- Rehabilitating and replacing approximately 19km of water mains
- Replacing shared service connections in backyards with individual connections to the new mains
- Carraroe, Inis Mór, Spiddal and Loughrea, Co. Galway
- Autumn 2017
- €7 million