Enniscorthy Wastewater Treatment Plant
This €16.3 million upgrade of the wastewater treatment facilities in Enniscorthy is bringing significant environmental and economic benefits to the area.
Enniscorthy is one of the larger towns around Ireland where there was inadequate treatment of wastewater being discharged into waterways. This project addressed these deficiencies and ensures that wastewater is fully treated and is compliant with all licence requirements and environmental regulations before being discharged into the River Slaney. It also provides the additional capacity to allow for future economic and population growth in the Enniscorthy area.
Protecting the River Slaney
What are the benefits of this project?
- Improved environment for local residents
- Improved effluent quality
- Compliance with Wastewater Discharge Licence Regulations
What is involved in this project?
- The upgrade and expansion of the existing Enniscorthy Wastewater Treatment Plant
- The decommissioning of the existing Kilagoley wastewater treatment plant
- Extensive upgrade work to three pumping stations, construction of a new foul sewer and sewer rehabilitation works.
- Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford
- Summer 2019
- €16.3 million