Donegal Group B Sewerage Scheme
Irish Water is investing €18.4 million in this project forming part of a €70 million investment in the wastewater infrastructure in Donegal.
The Donegal Group B project includes the development of new sewerage schemes in Killybegs, Bundoran, Glencolumbkille and Convoy. This project will ensure compliance with EU Directives and will provide wastewater treatment capacity in these areas supporting growth and economic development.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Will increase the water and wastewater capacity to facilitate the growth and economic development of the towns and surrounding areas.
- Compliance with current EU Directives relating to wastewater treatment of discharges from urban agglomerations.
What is involved in this project?
- Construction of a new Wastewater Treatment Plant (WwTP) and the construction of a new wastewater collection network in Killybegs.
- In Bundoran there will be the construction of a new Wastewater Treatment Plant and the refurbishment of the existing pumping station.
- The Glencolumbkille Sewerage Scheme involves the construction of a Wastewater Treatment Plant and a new wastewater collection network.
- Construction of a new/extended Wastewater Treatment Plant (WwTP) in Convoy.
- Bundoran / Killybegs / Glencolumbkille / Convoy, Co. Donegal
- In Progress
- Spring 2018
- €18.4 million