Carrigtohill Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade
This €12.3 million project to upgrade the existing Carrigtohill Wastewater Treatment Plant will ensure the plant can be expanded to allow for future local population and industrial growth.
The upgraded plant will ensure all effluent is treated to a high standard that is compliant with EPA standards. The wastewater treatment plant will treat wastewater from Carrigtohill as well from other wastewater treatment works including Castlemartyr, Cloyne, and Killeagh.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Ensure treated effluent complies with EPA standards
- Increase wastewater treatment capacity
- Resolve odour and noise issues
- Allow for future growth in population and economic development
What is involved in this project?
- Constructing a wastewater treatment plant in modules. The contract is for construction of the Phase 1 of the treatment works for 30,000 Population Equivalent (PE).
- Provisioning for phased extensions to the plant in the future for 45,000 and 60,000 Population Equivalent (PE).
- Operating of the existing wastewater treatment works, pumping stations and rising mains in Carrigtohill.
- Carrigtohill, Co. Cork
- €12.3 million