Selling A Home
- As a vendor, you can request a ‘Statement of Account’ from Irish Water. This will show any outstanding water charges for the dwelling that you are selling and the balance can be paid to Irish Water.
- As a vendor, you can request a ‘Certificate of Discharge’ from Irish Water if the billed water charges for the dwelling are paid.
- As a vendor, you can request a ‘Letter of Non-Liability’ from Irish Water which states that you are not liable for water charges at the dwelling you are selling (e.g. if you have had tenants living at the property).
- As a vendor, you can request that your solicitor withholds any outstanding water charges for the dwelling from the proceeds of the sale. When Irish Water receives the payment from your solicitor, a ‘Receipt of Payments’ will be issued to your solicitor.
How to request documents:
If you are a vendor of a dwelling, you can request the above documents by calling us on LoCall 1850 448 448 or +353 1 707 2824 (our lines are open from 8am-8pm Mon-Fri, and 9am-5.30pm Sat). When calling, you will need the Irish Water Account Number and WPRN of the dwelling you are selling. The Account Number and WPRN can be found in the top right hand corner of the Irish Water bills for the dwelling that you are selling.
Solicitors of vendors:
Solicitors of vendors can request the above documents by email or post only.
Written requests must be on headed paper and should include:
- The document type required
- The name of the vendor.
- The Irish Water Account Number and WPRN for the dwelling being sold.
- The address of the dwelling.
- When requesting a ‘Receipt of Payments’, the date of payment(s), amount paid and payment method must also be included.
Email address for document requests: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address for document requests: PO Box 860, South City Delivery, Cork City, Cork.