Improvements to our ways of working
Ways of working will continue to evolve, as they always have done, to reflect ongoing developments in technology, environmental regulation, health and safety and other regulatory and customer service obligations. Uisce Éireann will continue the culture of development and improvement that has long been practiced in Ireland’s water services, by keeping abreast of best international practice.
Improvements in this area will include:
Increased use of smart tools and systems, and continued re-investment in technological advances
In-sourcing of many activities that are currently outsourced, including progressively bringing all treatment plants into direct labour operation.
- Make our infrastructure safer to operate
- Improve services to customer and the community
- Minimise risks to service delivery
What the future holds
- Increased capital investment
- Increased levels of technology adoption
- Increased investment in fleet and equipment
- Training, Graduate & Apprenticeship Programmes
- Insourcing of expertise