Prepare for planned works in your area
We're working to improve your water and wastewater services. Before planned works take place, follow these steps to help avoid issues with your water supply.
Prepare for planned works | Water Supply | Irish Water
Your privacy settings
In order to allow the use of multimedia content on this website you must accept the use of miscellaneous cookies.
- Ensure you have enough drinking for the duration of the outage. Before the planned outage, fill a jug of water and store it in your fridge.
- Make sure all taps in your property are turned off. This is important as it can avoid airlocks or flooding when the water returns.
- Make sure all pre-programmed appliances such as dishwashers/washing machines or any other water-using divices are switched off until the water supply returns.
- Do NOT drink the water from your hot water or bathroom taps as this is not drinking water.
- Most storage tanks last up to 24hrs, however, use the water sparingly as emptying the tank may cause an airlock.
Supply and Service Updates
View our Supply and Service map for the latest updates in your area.