How household water charges were applied
Calculating your water charge refund
To find out exactly how much you will be refunded please log in to your My Water online account. To log in, you will need the email address and password you used to sign up for My Water. Don't worry if you have forgotten your password as it can be easily reset.
- View your previous bills and payments
- Find your WPRN and Account Number
- Check we have your correct contact details for refunds
- You can still register with us for an online account . It means we can contact you in the future about any outages or issues in your area
Metered household water charges
Metered charges were based on the volume of water supplied. Water services are measured in m3 (1 m3 = 1 cubic metre = 1,000 litres).
If you have a water meter you will have paid no more than the capped charge of:
- €160 for a single adult household
- €260 for a multi adult household
- Please note if you conserved water you could have paid less
Children's annual free allowance
The annual free allowance to cover each child's normal water and wastewater needs was 21m3 (21,000 litres) per service, per child under 18 years old.
Non-metered household water charges
|Household||Water supply and wastewater services||Water supply or wastewater services|
|1 Adult||€160 per year||€80 per year|
|2+ Adults||€260 per year||€130 per year|
Not permanently occupied household water charge
This charge was for any domestic property connected to the water services that was not permanently occupied. This included holiday homes.
Unmetered properties water charge
- €125 per year if connected to both water supply and wastewater services
- €62.50 per year if connected to a single service
Metered properties water charge
- The minimum charge was €125 per year for both water supply and wastewater services
- The minimum charge was €62.50 per year for a single service
- The maximum charge was €260 per year for both services
- The maximum charge was €130 per year for a single service