Water Stewardship Training Programme
New Irish Water Certification in International Best Practice Water Stewardship. Registration now open to Irish Water Business Customers.
Supporting our business customers
Irish Water is running a water stewardship training programme in Autumn 2019, in partnership with Central Solutions and the Lean & Green Skillnet. The training will support our business customers with training on how to lower water consumption and reduce operating costs while protecting the environment.
Water is the ultimate shared resource
Why is safeguarding water important?
- 71% of our planet is made up of water yet only 1% of it is available to drink
- Sustainability now high on the agenda of our government
- Infrastructure is running at high risk & about half of treated water is lost through leakage
- Summer drought of 2018 highlighted that we need to work together to protect our precious water
- Need to prepare & safeguard for Ireland’s prosperous & growing population
Water Steward training benefits
- Achieve international best practice certification. The programme is accredited by the European Water Stewardship Standards (EWS).
- Funded Programme by Irish Water and the Lean & Green Skillnet with the support of Skillnet Ireland and the Department of Education and Skills.
- Save water and money. The programme will provide you with the knowledge and skills to reduce water consumption and operating costs at your site.
- Protect the environment. You will learn the key principles of water stewardship and the actions required to improve your environmental performance.
- The programme is the first of its kind globally and is fully supported by the EPA, Origin Green, BIM and Enterprise Ireland.
- Origin Green accept our certification as part of their sustainability credential.
- Module 1 Introduction to water stewardship - the business case
- Module 2 Water mapping of your business
- Module 3 Water conservation and quick wins at your site
- Module 4 Developing a strategy and action plan
Optional workshops/webinars - Mentoring and support for the development of your Water Charter as well as providing peer to peer learning opportunities.
Develop a water charter for your site assessment – The charter will capture the business case for action, your site’s water map, water saving opportunities and an agreed action plan. To achieve certification, participants will be expected to present this charter to senior management and get approval for implementation.
How to register?
If you are interested in participating in the Irish Water Certified Water Steward Training Programme, please register below.
Please note that places on the water stewardship training programme are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.