Tipperary Disinfection Programme
National Disinfection Programme
Irish Water is upgrading Water Treatment Plants across Tipperary as part of the National Disinfection Programme.
About this project
Glan Agus Ltd is working on behalf of Irish Water to deliver the National Disinfection Programme across the county. To date, disinfection systems at 14 plants have been upgraded and standardised.
The sites upgraded are Horse & Jockey Pump Station, Holycross, Ahenny WTP, Ballinvir Pump Station, Coalbrook WTP, Commons Pump Station, Rossadrehid WTP, Ironmills Pump Station, Mullinbawn Pump Station, Maonroe WTP, Templetney Borehole, Springmount, Linguan WTP and Tullohea WTP.
What was involved
The programme involved assessing the condition and performance of all the sites. We then determined the disinfection systems needed to be upgraded.
Works at the plants included upgrades to the:
- Chemical storage and dosing infrastructure
- Chlorine contact time provision systems
- Disinfection systems using Ultra Violet (UV) barriers where required
- Monitoring instrumentation systems
- Control, telemetry and automation processes
The upgrade works carried out as part of this project has:
- Improved the security of drinking water for residents and businesses
- Eliminated the risk of boil water notices
- Improved disinfection systems and standards
- Future-proofed the security of supplies
- Provided improved control of the systems
- Ensured continued compliance with Drinking Water Quality Regulations