McDermott Terrace, Manorhamilton Water Mains Replacement
Leakage Reduction Programme
Irish Water, in partnership with Leitrim County Council, has replaced ageing back yard water mains and providing new service connections for customers in McDermott Terrace, Manorhamilton, Co. Leitrim to improve security of supply, water quality and reduce high levels of leakage.
Irish Water is investing over €500 million between 2017-2021 to reduce leakage and replace old pipes on the public water network.
This project commenced in October 2020 and was completed in December 2020.
- A Reliable Water Supply - Replacement of water mains and service connections will reduce the instances of bursts and water outages and will ensure a reliable supply of water to customers and local businesses in the area.
- Reduced Leaks - Replacement of water mains and service connections will eliminate existing leaks and reduce the amount of clean drinking water lost into the ground.
- Improved Water Quality - Replacement of old water mains and service connections in poor condition will eliminate existing leaks and reduce the amount of clean drinking water lost into the ground.
- Improved Operation and Maintenance - These works will deliver cost savings by providing improved water network operation that will require less maintenance in the future.
- The works involve the decommissioning of approximately 247 meters of old problematic back yard water mains.
184 meters of new water mains will be constructed along the public road and new service connections will be installed from the new water main to each customers property.
It is likely that the service connections currently serving these properties from the old bak yard services in Wicklow are made from lead. All new service connections will be made with modern high-density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic pipes to ensure a safer, more reliable supply of water to customers in the area.
Will customers be affected by the works?
A survey is required at each property within this community. The individual survey is undertaken to assess the current water connection arrangement for the property and discuss the best way to connect the new service to the customer homes. Access to the customers property is required to undertake this survey.
Customers to benefit from these improvement works will be contacted directly by Farrans Construction to provide information about the required works and to discuss a suitable time to carry out an individual survey.
The works when they commence may involve some short-term water shut offs and the project team will ensure that customers are given a minimum of 48 hours notice prior to any planned water shut offs. Where water mains are being constructed traffic management may be in place during this time. Local and emergency traffic will be maintained at all times.
We understand that this type of work can be inconvenient and works crews will make every effort to minimise any disruption these necessary works cause.
For further information you can contact the Project Team at email@example.com.