Mallow Sewer Network Upgrade
Irish Water is progressing with upgrades to the sewer network to eliminate nine sewer overflows and improve water quality.
Mallow Sewerage Network Upgrade Project
Irish Water, working in partnership with Cork County Council, is progressing with upgrades to the sewer network in Mallow, Co. Cork. The project is expected to be completed in spring 2023 and includes:
- Upgrading the sewer network through the removal of 9 Combined Sewer Overflows (CSOs); and
- Constructing 5.5km of new sewers.
Once completed, this project will improve water quality in the River Blackwater and benefit homes and businesses in Mallow and the surrounding area. Ward and Burke Construction Ltd is carrying out these works on behalf of Irish Water.
Irish Water is working proactively with our delivery partners and as part of a multi-agency working group to ensure that our construction works are carried out in a controlled and safe manner, in keeping with Government and HSE guidelines to protect workers, their families and the broader community.
Details of upcoming works
|Location||Start date||Duration||Planned Works||Traffic Management|
Finishing works will commence on 24 October 2022 and will be completed by mid-December 2022 in the locations below:
Navigation Road, R619, Park Road, St James Avenue, Westbrook, Emmet St., Ballydaheen Road, Mill Street, Along both banks of the river Blackwater.
|24 October 2022||8 weeks||
|No impact to traffic|
We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience these essential works may cause.
Ward and Burke Construction Ltd. has a full time Community Liaison Officer on the contract who is available to address and queries or concerns in relation to the works.
Contact details: Carol Harris 086 1449548 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For updates on the works please visit www.water.ie/mallow.
What is involved as part of this project?
As part of the project, Irish Water will:
- Upgrade the sewer network through the removal of 9 Combined Sewer Overflows (CSOs); and
- Construct 5.5km of new sewers.
What are the benefits of this project?
The upgrade works carried out as part of this project will:
- Improve the performance level of the sewer network.
- Eliminate sewer overflows into the River Blackwater at 9 locations.
- Improve water quality in the River Blackwater and ensure environmental compliance.
- Allow for the long-term social and economic development of Mallow.