Galway Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade
Upgrading the wastewater treatment plants in Ballinasloe, Co. Galway as part of €500,000 investment.
Irish Water, working in partnership with Galway County Council, is investing €500,000 to undertake essential upgrade works to wastewater treatment plant in Ballinasloe, Co. Galway. These improvement works include upgrades to the inlet works and storm water management at the facility.
- Upgrade existing infrastructure at the plant and provide new elements where defects identified
- Improve the performance of the wastewater treatment process
- Prolong the operational life of the existing plant
- Reduce the risk of storm water flooding
- Ensure compliance with Urban Wastewater Treatment Regulations 2001
- Upgrade the inlet works at the plant
- Install a storm water storage tanks
- Install 2 No. pumping stations at the site to upgrade storm water management
- Works will be carried out within the footprint of the plant therefore minimising disruption to residents and businesses in the surrounding area