Dublin Docklands Sewer Upgrade Works
Irish Water is investing over €1.3 million in Dublin’s North Docklands to upgrade the sewer network.
Irish Water, working in partnership with Dublin City Council, is investing over €1.3 million to upgrade the sewer network in the Dublin’s North Docklands Area. This is part of vital infrastructural upgrade works for this Strategic Development Zone (SDZ). GMC Sierra Limited is working on behalf of Irish Water to deliver this project. Civil works are scheduled to commence in the coming weeks in the Sheriff Street East, Sheriff Street West, New Wapping Street and North Wall Quay area.
- Address the structural defects of the sewers
- Reduce the likelihood of sewer collapses and blockages
- Ensure that critical infrastructure is upgraded and maintained
- Enable future growth in this SDZ
- Improve the performance level of the sewer network
- Undertake CCTV surveys of Victorian brick sewers to determine their condition and the extent of any defects
- Clean the sewer network in order to undertake an accurate inspection and remove any blockages by inappropriate items
- Rehabilitate man-entry culverts through the installation of pre-fabricated liners to ensure that the structural integrity of this critical infrastructure is maintained
- Where possible, works will be carried out using non-dig technology to reduce impacts to residents, the general public, businesses, schools and to minimise traffic disruption