Corraleehan Water Main Replacement
National Leakage Reduction Programme
Irish Water replacing ageing water mains in Corraleehan, Co. Leitrim to improve security of supply for local customers and reduce leakage.
Irish Water, working in partnership with Leitrim County Council, will soon begin works to replace ageing water mains in Corraleehan, Co. Leitrim. The works are scheduled to commence during the week of the 11 June 2018. These water mains renewal works are being carried out as part of Irish Water’s national Leakage Reduction Programme.
A reliable water supply
- Replacing the ageing water mains and service connections and will reduce the instances of bursts and water outages on Patricks Street and Chapel Avenue and will ensure a reliable supply of water to customers and local businesses in the area
- Replacing the old water mains and service connections will eliminate existing leaks and reduce the amount of clean drinking water lost into the ground
Improved operation and maintenance
- These works will deliver cost savings by providing improved water network operation that will require less maintenance in the future
- The works will involve the decommissioning and replacement of approximately 4.7 kilometres of ageing water mains
- The existing pipes will be replaced with new modern high density polyethylene plastic pipes
- The works will also involve laying new water service connections from the public water main in the road to customers’ property boundaries and connecting it to the customer’s water supply
- The works are planned to commence during the week of the 11 June 2018 and are expected to take approximately 15 weeks to complete