Carraroe Water Main Replacement
National Leakage Reduction Programme
Uisce Éireann replacing ageing water mains in Carraroe, Co. Galway to improve security of supply for local customers and reduce leakage.
Uisce Éireann, working in partnership with Galway County Council, has started works to improve the security of water supply and reduce leakage in the Carraroe,area of County Galway. The works commenced on 6 June 2018 and are being carried out as part of Uisce Éireann’s national Leakage Reduction Programme.
A Reliable Water Supply
- Replacing the old water mains with new water mains and service connections will reduce the instances of bursts and water outages and will ensure a reliable supply of water to customers in the area
- Replacement of old water mains and service connections in poor condition will eliminate existing leaks and reduce the amount of clean drinking water lost into the ground
Improved Operation and Maintenance
- These works will deliver cost savings by providing improved water network operation that will require less maintenance in the future
- Works to upgrade the existing water mains will be completed in two separate stages
- The first stage will replace a section of the water main in Muckinagh
- The second stage will replace a stretch of water main just before the bridge as you enter Ross Island
- The existing pipes will be replaced with new modern high density polyethylene plastic pipes
- The works on the first stage commenced on 6th June 2018 and are expected to be completed by September 2018 with the second stage being completed by November 2018