Irish Water is responsible for the development and delivery of water and wastewater services to homes and businesses throughout the country as well as facilitating connections to our existing network. The Water Services Act (2007) requires that any person or organisation seeking a new or modified connection to enter into a Connection Agreement with Irish Water.
You can apply for a connection (new or modified) to Irish Water for both domestic & non-domestic premises in the following instances, where you require:
- A new water or wastewater connection for a new single domestic property.
- A new water or wastewater connection for a new non-domestic property (i.e. commercial or industrial).
- A new water or wastewater connection for an existing domestic or non-domestic property.
- A new water or wastewater connection for new residential/commercial/mixed use multi-property development.
- A temporary water or wastewater connection to a work site/event.
- An upgraded water or wastewater connection to a property (domestic or non-domestic).
- A water or wastewater connection to existing third party infrastructure where that infrastructure is connected to the public network and is supplied with water by Irish Water or has wastewater discharges into our network.
Irish Water is responsible for water and wastewater connections to homes and businesses throughout the country. We are working in partnership with Local Authorities to make getting a connection easier.
We offer a range of resources and support material for developers, offering a helping hand through the entire process, including design vetting and construction phases.