Read what to do.

Connection Types

Uisce Éireann is responsible for the development and delivery of water and wastewater services to homes and businesses throughout the country as well as facilitating connections to our existing network. The Water Services Act (2007) requires that any person or organisation seeking a new or modified connection to enter into a Connection Agreement with Uisce Éireann.

You can apply for a connection (new or modified) to Uisce Éireann for both domestic & non-domestic premises in the following instances:

  • Single Domestic: This is a connection to a single domestic premises, for example, a new build or existing house.
  • Business: This is a connection to a single business premises, for example, a shop or office.
  • Temporary: This is a business connection which will later be removed, for example, temporary construction work or an event.
  • Multi / Mixed Used: This is a connection for combined domestic, business and industrial use, for example, properties where owners live over their business, hotels with residential living or student accommodation with retail facilities.
  • Housing Development: This is a multi connection to numerous domestic properties, for example, housing estates or a series of apartment blocks.


We have developed these guidebooks to explain how you can get a new or modified connection, and to help you understand what you need to do in order to apply for a connection. The guidebooks also detail the different types of connection assets and explains how they can be installed.