Settlements with Waste Water Discharge Authorisations ‐ Wastewater Treatment Capacity Register
|Region||County||Settlement||Census pop. (2016)||Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP)||Reg #||Indication of Available Capacity||WWTP Project Planned/Underway|
|NW||Galway City||Galway City and Suburbs||79,934||Mutton Island WWTP||D0050||• Green|
|Settlement||Galway City and Suburbs|
|Census pop. (2016)||79,934|
|Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP)||Mutton Island WWTP|
|Indication of Available Capacity||• Green|
|WWTP Project Planned/Underway|
Indication of Available Capacity
This register provides an indication of available wastewater treatment capacity based on loads received in 2022 and available treatment plan capacity now or by completion of a project at construction (where relevant).
• Green = spare capacity available.
• Amber = potential spare capacity, applications to be considered on an individual basis considering their specific load requirements.
• Red = no spare capacity available at present.
WWTP Project Planned/Underway
Project planned or underway to increase capacity and/ or improve treatment performance, based on available information in June 2023.
- The indication of available treatment capacity has been determined based on a standardised national review of the available information.
- The information in this register is subject to change.
- This register provides commentary on the available capacity at the WWTP, it does not consider the capacity of the sewer network.
- A Pre-Connection Enquiry should be submitted to Uisce Éireann to determine the feasibility of connecting any particular site to the Uisce Eireann network, feasibility should not be inferred from this register
Wastewater Discharge Authorisation Number