Settlements with Waste Water Discharge Authorisations ‐ Wastewater Treatment Capacity Register
|Region||County||Settlements||Census pop (2016)||Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP)||Reg #||Indication of Available Capacity||WWTP Project Planned/Underway|
|NW||Galway City||Galway City and Suburbs||79,934||Mutton Island WWTP||D0050||• Green|
|Settlements||Galway City and Suburbs|
|Census pop (2016)||79,934|
|Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP)||Mutton Island WWTP|
|Indication of Available Capacity||• Green|
|WWTP Project Planned/Underway|
Indication of Available Capacity
This register provides an indication of available wastewater treatment capacity based on loads received in 2021 and available treatment plan capacity now or by completion of a project by 2024 (where relevant).
• Green = Spare capacity available.
• Amber = potential spare capacity to be considered on case by case basis.
• Red = no spare capacity available at present.
WWTP Project Planned/ Underway
Project planned or underway to increase capacity and/ or improve treatment performance, based on available information in June 2022.
- The indication of available treatment capacity has been determined based on a standardised national review of the available information.
- The information in this register is subject to change.
- This register provides commentary on the available capacity at the WWTP, it does not consider the capacity of the sewer network.
Wastewater Discharge Authorisation Number