How to know if you qualify for a leakage allowance
Leak allowances will be granted for leaks on the external supply pipe and also for leaks on underground pipework.
To qualify for a leak allowance:
- All previous bills must be paid up to date.
- In order to receive a full leak allowance, customers must notify Uisce Éireann of the leak within six months of the bill where the leak is first evidenced and must fix the leak within a further six weeks.
- If one or both of these time limits is not met, the customer will have a further three months to notify and fix the leak in order to receive a 50% leak allowance.
Customer receives bill
Customer receives high bill and suspects a leak on external supply pipe or underground pipes.
(Up to 6 months to notify Uisce Éireann of the leak)
Customer fixes leak
Customer has a further 6 weeks to fix the leak after notifying Uisce Éireann of the issue.
(Up to 6 weeks to fix the leak)
Applying for allowance
Customer can receive full leak allowance covering “leak bill” billing period plus maximum six months plus six weeks.
(Up to 3 months to receive 50% leak allowance if leak is notified and fixed)
Receiving the allowance
Customer can receive 50% leak allowance covering maximum 6 months plus 6 weeks.
(No allowance granted after 6 months plus 6 weeks)
- Leak allowances will be granted for leaks on the external supply pipe and also for leaks on underground pipework.
- Customer must submit a valid Plumber’s report. A valid plumber’s report will
- State that a leak has been identified and repaired
- Confirm the location of the leak
- Provide the date and the read when the leak was repaired
- Signed, with a VAT/CRO number or Company stamp
The customer will be asked to provide a confirmation read at least two weeks after the leak period end date to confirm the leak has been repaired. Customer reads will be accepted as a confirmation read but the customer must be advised that once their next actual read is received, Uisce Éireann reserves the right to review the consumption and the allowance may be subject to change.