Wexford Town Gas & Water Project
Water Supply Project
This €25 million Ervia combined infrastructure project will upgrade the water network in Wexford and will also bring gas to the town for the first time.
Bringing natural gas to Wexford will provide a major boost to the town’s economy. Upgrading the water infrastructure will improve the reliability of supply and reduce leakage of water in the town by over 600,000 litres every day – the equivalent of the amount of water needed to supply a town the size of Bunclody, County Wexford every day.
- Bring natural gas to Wexford providing a major boost to the town’s economy
- Improve water quality
- Improve water pressure
- Upgrade water networks
- Reduce water interruptions and leakage
Phase 1 (2016)
- 14km of distribution gas pipelines will be constructed
- 1km of water mains on the Newtown Road will be replaced
- Site investigation works and surveys are ongoing throughout the town to assist the design of the new water mains
Phase 2 (2017/2018)
- Replacement of 11.7km of aging water mains in poor condition with high levels of leakage
- Construction of 13km of gas pipelines