Termonbarry Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade
Upgrading the wastewater treatment plants in Termonbarry, Co. Roscommon as part of a €340,000 investment.
Irish Water, working in partnership with Roscommon County Council, is investing €340,000 to undertake essential upgrade works to wastewater treatment plant in Termonbarry, Co. Roscommon. These improvement works include upgrades to the inlet works, storm water management and sludge treatment and storage at the facility.
- Upgrade existing infrastructure at the plant and provide new elements where defects identified
- Improve the performance of the wastewater treatment process
- Prolong the operational life of the existing plant
- Reduce the risk of storm water flooding
- Ensure compliance with Urban Wastewater Treatment Regulations 2001
- Install a new inlet works to provide a more robust preliminary treatment to all wastewaters that arrive at the treatment plant
- Construct a new above ground storm water holding tank with a capacity of 90m3
- Install a new sludge holding tank with an automatic supernatant decanting system
- Install an effluent wash water pumping station to provide wash water to the inlet screens and the storm tank cleaning system
- Works will be carried out within the footprint of the plant therefore minimising disruption to residents and businesses in the surrounding area