Sligo & Environs Water Supply Scheme – Foxes Den/Cairns Hill Water Treatment Plant Upgrade
Water Supply Project
This €3 million investment allowed for the upgrade and refurbishment of the existing Foxes Den Water Treatment Plant and decommissioning the Cairns Hill Water Treatment Plant.
The project has improved the drinking water quality for over 11,000 customers in County Sligo and saw associated water supply schemes removed from the EPA Remedial Action List.
- Improve drinking water quality
- Increase capacity to allow for future population and economic growth
- Secure a sustainable drinking water supply
- Upgrading and refurbishing of the existing Foxes Den Water Treatment Plant
- Decommissioning of the existing Cairns Hill Water Treatment Plant
- Upgrade of the existing pumps and control systems
- Implementing associated site and ancillary works